Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not-so-terrible-for-you Chocolate Clusters



The other night at the gym, I saw this recipe and noticed that all the ingredients were not horrible (low sugar, etc.) so I thought I would give it a try. The only problem was, I was reading one of the magazines that was property of the Y, so I couldn't just rip out the recipe and take it with me (unless I wanted to be a jackass). So I tried to remember the recipe, and think I screwed up the amounts, but made it today and it turned out pretty yummy!

Chocolate cherry nut clusters

10 oz. almonds (I used salted and threw them in the oven for a few minutes to roast them a little more)
6 oz. dried cherries
11.5 oz. bag of 60% (or more) cocoa chips (Ghiradelli has some yummy ones)

Coarsely chop the almonds and mix with the cherries. Melt half of the chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler (I did microwave). Stir in the remaining half of the chips until melted. Add the cherry/almond mixture. Drop by spoonful on wax paper and let set. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment