Monday, January 4, 2010

Healthy breakfast option

I made my own granola (from a recipe I found) and now I eat it with some low fat vanilla yogurt and a chopped up banana or apple for a healthy start to my day.

Granola:

6 cups of oats (not the fast cooking kind--the old fashioned ones)
6 oz. of sliced almonds
6 oz. of dried apricots (chopped up)
6 oz. of dried cranberries, craisins, or cranberries mixed with raisins
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together

Melt 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
1/2 cup honey

Pour over the oat mixture and mix it together to make sure the oat mixture is all coated. Lay the oat mixture out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 or 30 minutes. You can turn it once to make sure the bottom does not get too done.

No comments:

Post a Comment