Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pizza Rolls

We love DoubleDaves, but when I heard my sister-in-law (who lives in the woods) made her own pizza rolls, I thought I would give it a shot. While nothing can replace DoubleDaves, this is healthier (I think) and cheaper option:

Pizza Rolls

--Canned pizza dough (find it near the biscuits at the store, or make your own)--I tried thick and thin crust and liked thin the best
--mozzarella cheese, grated
--turkey pepperoni (much less fat, and not as greasy as regular pepperoni)

You could add other pizza toppings, too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Unroll the dough and cut it into triangles. Layer cheese and pepperoni on the triangle. Start at a straight edge and roll. You'll probably have to mush the edges down so they don't unroll and there might be a little cheese on the outside (but that just makes it yummier)

Brush them with melted butter and bake as directed for the dough. When the rolls get out of the oven, you might want to brush them again with melted butter (and sprinkle in some garlic salt with the melted butter and I bet it is yum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment