Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Week 1 2011

I slacked a little toward the end of last year, resulting in lots of "I don't know--just figure something out!" conversations, as well as frozen pizzas or dinners out. Some of that was good, since it led to my sweet husband making things that I usually don't make (see, Potato soup recipe below), but it is not a good way to start the year. Back on the horse, and now I have our meals for this week planned. I'll post, and then also post the recipes that are not on here yet.

Sunday:
Spaghetti-squash spaghetti (slice in half, take out seeds, bake at 350 for 45 minutes, pull out the "spaghetti" with a fork, cover with pasta sauce and serve)
Breadsticks from a can
Salad from a bag
Mini pita pizzas (mini pitas, cover with a tablespoon of pasta sauce and grated Italian blend cheese, bake for 10 minutes on 350)

Monday:
Meatball soup
Grilled cheese sandwiches

Tuesday:
Stroganoff-my mom's recipe she invented
with whole wheat "egg" noodles
Green beans or whatever we still have frozen (peas?)

Wednesday:
Spicy beef sandwiches (they aren't really spicy)
Chips
Salad from a bag

Thursday:
Dinner group

Friday:
Beef Fajitas (beef strips marinated in Fajita Quick, cooked with coarsely chopped onions and green peppers), served on flour tortillas with grated cheddar cheese
Rice
Refried beans

Saturday:
Roast

No comments:

Post a Comment