Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meatball Soup

This recipe is modified from something I found in Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals 2. I have a bag of yummy meatballs from our meat order, so I'm not going to make my own, so I skipped that part.

2 tablespoons EVOO
2 carrots, chopped
2 ribs of celery
1 medium onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
salt and black pepper, to taste
6 cups chicken broth (one of those boxes)
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups dried pasta
1 pound spinach, coarsely chopped
1 bag of meatballs

Cook oil, carrots, celery, onion, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper Cover and cook for 5 or 6 minutes until soft. Add broth and water to the pot of veggies. Add in meatballs and bring to a boil. Add in the pasta, cover and simmer until pasta is tender. Add in spinach, and when it is wilted, the soup is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment