Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spinach enchiladas

So ever since my daughter vomited chicken nuggets in my face I haven't been able to eat meat. As a result, when I had a dinner party and was making chicken enchiladas, I had to find something else to make for myself. I'd heard of spinach enchiladas, and probably even ordered it once, but never had made them. To tell the truth, I couldn't really remember what to put in them. And, since I decided to about 15 minutes before my party that I wanted to make these (instead of pick out the chicken from the other enchiladas), and I had no recipe in the two or three cookbooks I checked in quickly, I had to make it up. They were yummy, and I'll make them again!

One package of frozen chopped spinach, cooked (I threw mine in a bowl, covered and microwaved it)
10 or 12 flour tortillas
2 or 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
(not an entire 10 oz can) enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with Pam and put a little of the enchilada sauce in the bottom (coat the bottom with it). Roll 2 tablespoons of spinach and some cheese in each tortilla and line them in the dish. Pour a little more enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Cover with grated cheese. Bake for 30 minutes covered. Increase temperature to 350 degrees and bake 10 more minutes.

Garnish with sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment